We are a member-owned, not-for-profit co-operative that provides people with access to healthy food from our shop in Thirroul. We are varied but united by our commitment to the core values of healthy, eco-friendly food with minimal packaging waste, and the democratic business model of the co-operative.
- To carry out our business to enable access to affordable healthy food.
- To carry a diverse range of quality products that contribute to healthy living.
- To provide an accessible shopfront that is open to meet community needs and is a safe and pleasant environment to shop in.
- To act as a meeting place to foster the environmental, social and personal growth of our community.
- To adopt ecologically sound practices and systems throughout the life cycle of products (including minimal packaging and food miles, fair trade, GM free and waste management).
- Support the local economy and employment through relationships with local growers and producers.
Our Board of Directors
We are overseen by a board of directors who are responsible to the membership for operating the Co-op within the Co-operative National Law (and regulations) and by a set of rules that are determined by the membership.
The board includes a position of Treasurer, Secretary and three other directors and the term of office of a director is 3 years. The current Board is:
- Sally Skyring (secretary)
- Justin Licht (treasurer)
- Karla Sperling
- Kylie Flament
- Kirk Bendall