Flame Tree Community Food Co-operative Ltd (The Co-op) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals and their personal information.
This Policy tells you how we collect and manage your personal information.
What is your personal information?
‘Personal Information’ is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and occupation.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
When you join the Co-op, we collect the following personal information:
· mailing or street address
· email address
· the members of your household
We need to collect this information so that we can fulfil our legal obligations to maintain the Register of Co-op members, and to keep in contact with you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information:
· we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
· we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
· to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
· to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
· to update our records and keep your contact details up to date in the Register;
· to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
· to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, volunteers, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of the Co-op .
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form.